Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Arrogant People

Today's story was inspired by a bus ride... yeap.

Common tests are finally over! Which means I took the last paper that I will ever take in my poly life. Its a bit of a bittersweet ending but I still have all the final assignments to go before I can officially graduate and continue on to my next journey in life. I recently read through my PFP experience blog post and I have the urge to continue my story about what happened for the next three years so I'll save my graduation post for next year, look forward to that, or not if I happen to lose inspiration to post it.

But this means I have time to write down thoughts that I have been holding back for way too long. Its been super long since I last posted something personal on my blog. (Which is probably a good thing because reading back some of my old posts, I sound extremely whiny, and I do care about how I present myself out to the public... to some extent.)

Now let's start story time. I was on the bus probably a few weeks ago and I overheard a conversation of a group of people talking about exams, and there was one particular guy that annoyed the hell out of me. He was exhuming arrogance and cockiness that I had never seen before.

He was trying to sound like he was the only person that mattered in the world by asking his fellow friends to not be "stupid" with the most horrible arrogant and offensive tone that I had ever heard in my life, almost as if he thinks he is some goddess and his friends are his filthy peasants. Just imagine him saying that in the tone with an arrogant face like the cat in the photo below. And the fact that he called them liars when some of them mentioned they won't do well, which is just, what?? So not only are you cocky and arrogant towards people who you think are not as good as you, you're trying to show that you're bitter by talking crap about the smarter ones? It makes me wonder why his friends are still with him... is it for other benefits? Maybe he's rich, then alright fine but if not, why would you even think to stick with him for another minute second? Maybe I don't know the full story, but it didn't come off as a joke at all to me when he said those words with his cocky tone. Honestly, if I were his friend I would happily block him out of my life because I don't need that kind of person to exists in my world.



I personally live in a world where I believe in equality and that everyone has a place in this world, no matter what grades you get, how smart you are or even how you look like because everyone deserves a chance to excel at something they do. So if I see someone trying to act superior to others, it disgusts me so much and I try my best to just ignore them but there are just times where I simply can't and I have to let it out somewhere. A part of me just wants to scream at them because there's no way they can think that bashing someone down for being stupid is the right thing to do as if they will get smarter after having those words said to them. If anything, if I were in their shoes I would feel hurt and horrible, that my existence isn't worth a thing in this world just because I don't do well in school.

I get you are self-proclaimed "smart" but don't go around showing off and telling your friends not to be "stupid" or point out to everyone else that they are nothing compared to you or you are out to get them and be all competitive because that attitude is complete shit and isn't gonna get you anywhere in life except to be hated on in the future. If you want to help them, collaborate and discuss with them because you learn with them and its beneficial to both parties.


Maybe it is just me being whiny but how can you not dislike arrogant people? They think so highly of themselves like they are the mightiest king of the world. I've always looked at people who boast about themselves as outright annoying and it is baffling to me why they would do such things that make them look like a total fool. Its almost like they are asking for my pity because they can't control their actions. It is even worse if they are both arrogant and at the same time, have a crappy attitude to compliment that. They want to lead and be the boss of everyone and everything, and I'm not saying they can't because certainly, everyone has the potential for them to excel at something. But the way they are trying to turn that into a reality is a really disgusting attitude because trying to make themselves look superior to others just so they can achieve that goal is something I will never approve of. There are people that have low self-confidence and for you to say something that makes others feel even worse about themselves, you sir, should be ashamed of yourself.

The way I see it is this. Take, for example, you're a student studying in school and you start trying to be arrogant by boasting about yourself getting all correct for the quiz to literally everyone in the class. And this isn't just a one-time thing, you do it for every quiz, and no matter how well or bad you did you will find a way to prove you're more "amazing" than others. Would you not for a minute, think that it would come off as arrogant because there are people who won't do that well on that quiz? You're literally rubbing salt on their wounds and making them look stupid just because they scored lower than you. And that is so disgusting because not only do you not help them succeed in their studies, but you're being a selfish prick and throwing them under the bus just so you have less competition to deal with. Not to mention, do you know what you look like to people who are actually better than you, and humble? Well, you look like an idiot showing off and trying to get that little bit of self-worth you need to survive. Basically, very pathetic and in need of pity.


If you did well on your quiz, great. And if it is your first time doing well after a long time of struggling to do so, you deserve all the encouragement at that moment because you did amazing. But if you know you're a smart student, and yet you still continue to boast about yourself, I honestly don't know what is going through your mind. Maybe you need constant attention to survive, no matter if its good or bad attention. It gets so tiring after awhile when you see a constant stream of people trying to sound like they are the most important people in the world.

So maybe you are smart but think about others like me who aren't because the words you choose can hurt people and change their perspective of you. If you want to be looked up to as a complete asshole and an excellent role model of what a person should not be like, then you're doing great honey, but if not please think before you put up that arrogant suit of yours and start boasting about yourself all over town because it does nothing good for you, and others around you.

No comments:

Post a Comment