Tuesday, August 02, 2016

Presentation woes

The fine line between constructive criticism and just outright finding someone to pick on.

First of all, I would like to get this off my chest about a certain lecturer attacking both me and my group mates. Let me tell you, it is early in the morning and I don't have the time and energy to argue with you but I am pissed off. The way you convey a message to presenters of my team is rude and it comes off as an attack, not constructive criticism or useful feedback.

I was doing a presentation for one of my module and we wanted it to be a casual experience, A fun one where we get some useful feedback and a cheerful atmosphere. But no, the two lecturers teaching me had to ruin my lovely morning. We started out strong presenting what we had written in our reports and things went downhill, so fast and what pisses me off is the way they tried to do so. Why on earth would you attack us halfway during the presentation when we're not even done explaining our part? And let me tell you, you have no patience if you can't wait for someone to finish presenting. Everyone has their limits if you keep pushing it and just purely attacking and harassing my teammates when you said you're not, you are messed up.

My group mates have been lovely to work with and all you do is trash people down. You think you're so good with your presentation but let me tell you something, you go off point most of the lecture and another one is just soft as hell. When you can't even convey your lessons properly, how on earth would we understand what we're supposed to learn? Stop trying to attack my group about the difference between what, different types of clouds when you can't even explain it clearly. And you have the cheek to tell me you're disappointed after 16 weeks of lectures when you literally rush through every lecture and never ask for our confirmation if we're clear. And obviously I'm not clear about anything?! Slides are wordy as hell and every time I even ask you about something I'm unclear about, it ends up in a merry-go-round where I still don't get what you're saying!

What's the use of attacking my group and embarrassing us in front of our classmates, for your own joy? Or is it really to improve us? If you'd just wait for us to finish our presentation and sum up our presentation we would have actually managed to get a point across but you have no patience, no respect, no empathy and no intelligence to figure that out.

So what can I sum up from this? You sir, or sirs, are mentally disabled if you think harassing every group and trying to make us a laughing stock is funny to you. I couldn't even keep my happy face anymore, I just gave them a very pissed off face because NOBODY has the right to even attack my group mates like that, including me. I can take shit, but let me tell you I throw shit back at you twice as hard. When you are the one in wrong trying ot prove that you're right with your "feedback", you just got knocked down. When you actually learn patience and understanding, maybe I'll start to respect you again.

You are such a good lecturer but you waste it because your attitude is horrible. You can't teach but heck your voice is loud as hell. But your attitude just ruins what makes presentation and learning fun in the first place. Modules in polytechnics are supposed to be a learning and fun experience, NOT some session to attack students. Stop trying to say that the way we present things are confusing, and stop trying to attack other people for playing computer games. We can do whatever the hell we want, and at the end of the day we satisfy what we, and our group mates want.

And while we're on the topic of presenting, now the lecturer I'm talking about is preaching about how Apple has best presenters, asking us to "jolly well practice". Well I'm sorry, when you have five assignments piled up that 100% effort I give, turns out to be a 20% for each module. You think you have a difficult life marking scripts, but the amount of effort we put in seems like many times more than yours. I would like you to just stop talking about presentation, business concepts and asking irrelevant questions or giving us feedback about "presentation" when this is a module about IT!!! It has nothing to do with the type of business model or presentation skills we lack. Its about content, and understanding, and learning, and encouragement.

I don't want to drag this on but I feel like I have a need to because I don't just get attacked and get knocked down like that. You don't bring someone down to make you feel like you're on top. In addition to that, I heard you were awarded some award for being an amazing person, then why don't you act like one?

No comments:

Post a Comment