Friday, April 17, 2015

Bali Trip - Day 3


Water?

Woke up later today because we didn't have a fixed time to go visit places today. So I woke up at 8am and went down for the breakfast buffet again and this is what I had. Basically fried rice again but this time with different dishes added to it like fried noodle, scrambled egg, honey dew (it was a little hard) and croissant.

After breakfast I wanted to go back to my room to sleep but because I didn't want to be left alone at the resort I decided to follow everyone to Matahari Mall and stopped by Burger King for lunch. Yes, we're having fast food overseas totally normal - the burgers there are small by the way... Also, you will find a lot of flower-rish decoration around Bali and I found that to be interesting.



Oh and I did promise that I would show you the room in the resort. Here are some pictures. I kind of have my own complaints about the resort. Alright, my complaints. (Probably super spoilt complaints) The room had a balcony door but the door knob felt like it was about to fall off the door. In fact, after the housekeeping tidied up the room, the door wouldn't even open anymore, leaving my clothes drying outside with no access to it. Also there was two doors which could be pushed out but between them there was a gap which allowed flies to enter my room and bite me all over at night. This really upset me during the entire trip because I always woke up having to scratch everywhere on my body. Also the position of the air conditioning is not very well thought about. It is located near the main door which pretty much means there is no air flow directly blowing at the bed. I actually woke up in the middle of the night sweating because it was so warm on the first day but it got better after the first day. Perhaps they cleaned the compressor which allowed the air conditioning to blow cooler air. Also the shower is located so close to the toilet seat I am bound to get the entire place all wet. It needs a door to separate it.







 
The gap at the door I mentioned earlier.




We then went to Kuta Beach because if you're going to Bali, its a must to at least visit the beach to see how beautiful it is. Well, the weather was all cloudy and it looked like it was going to rain and I guess that made the beach look pretty awful. In my opinion, there wasn't anything beautiful about the beach on a cloudy/about to rain day. I wish we could have watched the sunset at the beach though.




Since the weather was bad, we decided to move on and not watch the sunset. Instead, we went to beachwalk Shopping Center and went for a little stroll to enjoy some air conditioning before looking for somewhere to have dinner. And boy, were we lucky we didn't wait for the sunset. It was only moments later it started to pour really heavily while we were inside. Also, something in the mall caught my attention. In one of the supermarkets (I believe it was foodmart) they offer free juicing and peeling and for a lazy person like me, I'd gladly get them to do those tasks for me and think about it, free?! Now that's classy.


We decided to have dinner at Eat and Eat which is similar to Singapore's Kopitiam. You basically top up this card to go purchase food, kind of like a kopitiam card and after ordering your food, once it's done they send it over to your table so no queueing or anything like that. Great service and the food taste good too. I tried the penang char kway teow and some beef noodle soup. The beef noodle soup was a little disappointing but it's probably because I hate lime with anything but I still tried it with lime... I prefer the original taste of it. The char kway teow was really good, it has the wok taste that I always crave for. The spinach and tofu we ordered was alright, but the spinach was a little hard to me.




And after that meal we went back to our resort for another night of rest. One thing I didn't tell you guys about was that our resort was on the second floor so yeah... If you know me well enough, you'd understand how I feel towards stairs. Well, see you guys on Day 4!

No comments:

Post a Comment