Monday, September 21, 2015

My Qoo10 7-Eleven/Convenience Store Payment Experience

What is this madness?!?!

As an individual who doesn't own a credit card, doesn't know his bank account details or how it functions even though its like 2015 now, I'm pretty much stuck with walking out of my house, going to a physical store to buy what I want. Well, that is until I discovered this option under the payment options in Qoo10 where it states that I can pay via a convenience store. My first reaction was "Man, I'm craving for some mashed potatoes." and then "Wait, I can pay for my items at 7-Eleven?!".

The first thing I did was to do a Google search on it and guess what? I couldn't find anything useful. So hopefully this post will help you out a little on how this whole system works.

Payment information page on Qoo10
After you make your purchase, you are brought to a payment information page. On the right of this post, you can see a screenshot of the "Choose your payment method" page. If you're going to pay through a convenience store, select the appropriate method. 

Below is a clear list of instructions on how you can make a payment at 7-Eleven as well as other information you might want to take note of such as the minimum amount of cash payment has to be $5 and so on...


So I proceeded to make my first purchase using this method of paying. I bought a little DVB-T2 box which was on sale and the final price added up to $23.90. I was brought to a page where I was told to print this payment advice slip. I headed to a near-by 7-Eleven and told the cashier that I wanted to make a Qoo10 payment. She took my payment advice slip, fiddled around with it to get it scanned and I handed over $24, got a change of $23.90. So you don't have to bring an EXACT amount of money there. The cashier keeps the payment advice and you get handed a receipt for reference or proof that you've made a payment for the item should anything come up on whether you really paid or not.

Sample payment advice with fake details
Actual receipt from convenience store with details blurred out
Email proof
I made the payment on a Friday at around 5:47pm and according to the information on the payment advice, my payment should be processed in the next working day (a.k.a. 24 hours and they weren't kidding about this). Now, based on my knowledge of working/business days (basically Monday to Friday), the earliest day my payment would be processed would be next Monday, but to my surprise in about 24 hours and 2 minutes (wow), my payment was processed and I got an email confirming that.

So what have I learned? Its really simple to pay for online purchases through a convenience store and it is definitely safer than all those online payment methods because you are physically handing out cash to a reliable retail store chain to process it for you. You don't have to be at the age of some adult to make a purchase and most importantly of all, you can finally buy whatever you want, well, we least on Qoo10. No middleman, no nothing. Direct payment for your items. How awesome is that?

24 comments:

  1. How do I print the payment advice slip from my phone? I do not own a printer at home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried printing from a phone but I'm pretty sure you'll need a physical printer to print the payment advice slip. ;)

      As for whether you can get away with just using your phone to make the payment, I believe they only accept a physical printed copy as they need to keep the payment advice slip for their own reference. But you could try to go down with just your phone and the amount needed to pay and see if they would accept the payment if you show them that the bar code can be displayed on your smartphone, though I think they would have to manually type in the barcode number rather than try to scan your screen.

      I've never tried doing that before but I've been to different 7-Elevens and made payments there where the staffs do not keep the payment advice slip. Hope I helped out somehow. Thanks for the comment. :)

      Delete
  2. How old is the minimum age to pay at the 7-11 store?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I believe there is no minimum age requirement to use this payment option.

      Delete
  3. I'm going to try using my phone instead of printing it out as I don't have a printer

    ReplyDelete
  4. apparently, you can pay by just your phone! I asked to pay for qoo10 payment and the cashier said yes and I gave him my phone and he scanned my barcode from my phone and I gave him the cash and he gave me the receipt.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! That'll help out others with that question as well. Hope you receive your purchases soon. :)

      Delete
    2. I tried doing that but the cashier asked if i can enlarge the barcode for her to scan but the barcode cannot be enlarged though. And tips on that?

      Delete
    3. Take screenshot and zoom as image. I did in that way and worked.

      Delete
  5. i paid for my item yesterday and it's been more than 24h but my payment atill hasnt got through :-(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe give them another day and if they still haven't processed it yet you can try contacting Qoo10 support at http://www.qoo10.sg/gmkt.inc/CS/NHelpContactUs.aspx. You should have a receipt from 7-eleven as proof that you've paid anyway, so nothing to worry about. :)

      Delete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. How long is the due date for the 7-Eleven/Convenience Store Payment after submitting the order?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for the late reply, based on my last order using this payment type the due date is around a week from the date of purchase. So if you purchase on say 1st December, your due date will fall around 7th December so you have to make payment by then or else the order will be cancelled.

      Delete
  8. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  10. idk why the cashier didnt keep my qoo 10 payment advice that i printed out, gave back to me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. is it possible to pay my order in 7-11 here in philippines? or they only accepted payment in 7-11 singapore? thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not too sure about this but just searching it up online, it doesn't seem like Qoo10 in the Philippines has the option for 7-11 payment. You could try to register an account on Qoo10 and reach the payment page to check if there is an option to do so.

      Delete
  12. I know this may be a bit late, but yesterday morning at about 9 I paid for something there. It's been over 40 hours since I paid and I have not revieved any notice, and the page still says it is waiting for payment. Is this normal?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi I suggest waiting till Monday evening as they only process payment during working days. (i.e. Mon - Fri)

      If it is still not processed, do drop a mail to Qoo10 Support.

      Delete
    2. Thanks man, will wait until then

      Delete
  13. Hi recently I went to 7-11 store and paid without printing the payment advice slip . They just scanned the barcode on my phone . My payment is still pending since the next two days were not business days . Since I paid after 3pm my payment will only be processed on the second working day . But the due date for my payment is on the second working day and it usually takes 48 hours for payment to be processed . What should I do to make sure that my order is not cancelled ?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Why do they need Singpass details???

    ReplyDelete